Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'm crazy

It's a statement, not really a question. When I told my friend I had ten twelve miles scheduled for today, and that I was kinda scared, he said he'd hate having to force himself to run (he's not a runner anyway). I told him it was only for training for the half marathon next month, then I can do whatever.

But the truth is: I signed up for the half. I WANT to do this. Maybe I don't jump out of bed at 4:15 am on Tuesdays and Thursday, but I want to at least TRY a half marathon. I want to be able to say I've given it a try. Maybe it's not going to be my favorite distance (so far, my favorite is the 10K distance), but I want to JUST DO IT.

Isn't that a decent reason for doing something? A new job. A new activity. A new town. A new restaurant. Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt. Isn't that what it's all about?