Friday, February 17, 2012

TEN miles!

NOTE: 
This was LAST weekend, on Sunday. I still haven't run yet today. Boo.

I was really nervous when I started out on my run today; it was supposed to be twelve, but I'm going to try that distance next weekend, then maybe eight or nine the week before the half. Not really sure how it's going to work, but it's worth a try, right? I've never done this before. I really have no idea.








But I DID find some pretty decent sights along my way. I kinda live really close to the country...you know, farms and tractors and all that. The skies were really nice just before the sun set, but my cell phone camera didn't exactly express the thousand words.

Oh yeah. A ditch. Lovely. And a whole bunch of hay and farm stuff.

Once again, lovely. Say what you will, but there is a certain thrill (for me, anyway) to running between fields.

This was about at mile three or four. I was stopped at a traffic light, and quite frankly thrilled to be stopped for a second.

I really do enjoy these paved trails. The hot sun, however...not so much.

Do you ever wonder what life would look like if it was sketched? I did, and now I know: not nearly as exciting as in color. Here's proof.